|Maintenance Manager, Geothermal Plant – Milford, UT–150786
The maintenance manager position provides direct supervision to the maintenance personnel, ensures the efficient, reliable operation of the facility, and ensures compliance with safety and environmental standards.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Coordinate and supervise all maintenance functions necessary to ensure the efficient and reliable operation of the plant to meet scheduled production level. Must be able to take immediate and decisive action to minimize disruption of operations.
- Responsible for plant operating performance as related to equipment reliability and performance. Schedules all maintenance activities with plant personnel and outside service providers.
- Maintain and enforce safety procedures, including all lockout/tagout and safe work procedures. Maintain direct working relationship with environmental, health and safety representatives.
- Develop and direct the implementation of maintenance procedures and plans to assure optimum efficiency and effectiveness in outage planning, giving consideration to equipment capabilities, customer demands, operating personnel and equipment maintenance requirements.
- Develop and maintain computerized maintenance management program, including routine, outage, preventive and predictive maintenance programs.
- Coordinate, schedule and conduct mechanical, electrical, and instrumentation maintenance repair and preventative maintenance.
- Schedule materials, equipment and personnel for plant activities.
- Maintain needed site spare parts in coordination with maintenance and warehouse personnel.
- Actively supports compliance with all applicable provisions of federal and state labor laws, environmental regulations, as well as company policies and procedures.
- Perform administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including employee safety, selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee counseling and motivation, organizational goals and objectives, planning, organizing, integrating, measuring, and reporting the work performed within the department.
- Develop contracts, in coordination with others, and oversee performance of maintenance service agreements and support contractors required for on-site maintenance, services, equipment rentals and maintenance training.
- Be able to perform the duties of the plant manager in his/her absence.
Requirements of this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of related power plant operations or maintenance experience.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills to communicate expectations, coach employees, provide feedback, and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills. .
- Effective analytical, and problem solving, and decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Ability to read and interpret written documents such as drawings, manuals, procedures, contracts, financial reports, safety rules, policies, and professional periodicals/journals.
- Ability to write routine reports, business correspondence and manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and employees at all levels.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to conceptualize and develop creative alternatives to problem resolution, Capability of interpreting an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to deal with abstract and concrete concepts.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and handle multiple issues and projects concurrently.
- Knowledge of laws and regulations affecting an electric generating facility.
- Thorough knowledge of maintenance philosophy and processes.
- Understanding of electric generating plant systems.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp’s policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.
TO APPLY – FOLLOW THIS LINK