Job: Manager, Environmental Permitting – Ormat, Reno, Nevada
Ormat Technologies has advertised a job opening for a Manager, Environmental Permitting with its operations in Reno, Nevada, U.S.
Ormat Technologies is seeking to fill the position of Manager, Environmental Permitting, a regular full-time position with the company in REno, Nevada.
The Ormat Permitting Manager will report to the Executive Director of Government and Regulatory Affairs. The Permitting Manager will be focused on permitting in support of Development and Construction of Ormat’s renewable energy and energy storage projects.
- Develop and implement permitting strategies for specific projects and synchronize work plan of the development team with all other involved departments
- Manage staff and coordinate activities within the Company and with outside consultants to achieve all regulatory, siting and environmental requirements and approvals needed to achieve project completion
- Manage staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Daily monitoring and reporting on all projects and prospects under development
- Prepare milestone schedules, budgets and staffing requirements to complete permitting on assigned projects
- Prepare applications to agencies; represent Company’s position in hearings and workshops; select and manage consultants; assist the project public relations strategy; represent the Company in policy discussions and developments regarding renewables permitting
- Negotiate with wildlife, land use, and other regulatory agencies to achieve acceptable permit conditions consistent with project and Company goals, schedules, costs, and environmental protection
- Build, strengthen and maintain relationships with regulatory agencies, partners, contractors, consultants and other stake holders
- Conduct environmental and permitting due diligence on potential sites and acquisition opportunities for renewable energy and energy storage projects
- Travel up to 40% with the ability to travel for long distances by car and air
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to Ormat’s auto insurance carrier
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Environmental Sciences, Engineering, Business or the equivalent combination of education and experience; minimum of 6 years’ experience in energy project permitting and environmental review
- Demonstrated problem solving, negotiating and excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of environmental permitting regulations including NEPA and CEQA
- Ability to manage team to meet deliverables
- Proactive and responsible; able to set own action plans and manage multiple responsibilities at once
- Must have excellent organizational and planning skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform job duties
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation.
- Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet
- Must be able to work in an office environment
- This position requires sitting 80% of the time and standing and walking 20% of the time
Source: Ormat via ADP.com