Job: Manager, Geothermal Plant, PacifiCorp – Milford, UT
PacifiCorp is seeking to fill the position of Geothermal Plant Manager at its operations in Utah.
PacifiCorp is seeking for applicatiosn for the position of Manager of a Geothermal Plant in Utah/ U.S.
The manager will be managing the day-to-day operations of a geographic territory, region, location or functional unit that has a significant impact on corporate, business unit, or organizational objectives. Establishes and implements business objectives, strategies, and plans. Manages and allocates financial and employee resources. Responsible for selecting, coaching, and developing employees and responsible for management of employee salaries. Implements and supports Company programs and policies. Usually responsible for establishment and adherence to department budget.
- Lead a team of plant supervisors and manage operational activities to maximize generation safety.
- Plan and establish work schedules, assignments, and production sequences to meet plant goals.
- Manage process owners and other supervisory personnel to develop long range strategies for overhauls and predictive maintenance.
- Implement and support plant, corporate safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Oversee the plant to ensure that maintenance and operation practices are applied across the operation.
- Utilize management skills to implement action plans for achieving objectives and oversight of daily operations.
- Manage the strategic plan and control labor and other plant costs to meet budget targets.
- Select, coach, and develop employees.
- Review and evaluate employee performance and prepare annual reviews.
- Bachelor’s Degree in applicable field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of seven years of power or process plant experience.
- A minimum of three years people management experience.
- Management skills including the ability to establish objectives, execute policy, monitor resources, and manage the development or implementation of a system, program, or process.
- Leadership and teamwork skills to provide input into policy decisions, and to mobilize resources to produce desired business needs.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to manage and motivate employees and use oral and written communication to communicate objectives and action plans.
- Knowledge of Company’s strategic plan, objectives for specific area, as well as Company policies, procedures, and practices and federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Ability to utilize management skills to implement action plans for achieving objectives and oversee operations.
- Ability to handle daily communication of expectations, coach employees, provide feedback and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Supervisory experience or demonstrated leadership skills is highly desirable.
- Experience with precision maintenance, predictive maintenance, process centered organization.
- Experience in budget preparation, analysis and cost tracking.