Job: Policy Officer – Geothermal, EGEC, Brussels/ Belgium
The European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) is seeking to fill the position of Policy Officer for its operations Brussels/ Belgium.
EGEC is the voice of the geothermal sector in Europe. It’s an international industry association with more than 120 members, representing 500 stakeholders from 22 different European countries. Geothermal is an essential renewable energy solution which helps tackle the climate crisis by providing safe, secure and reliable heat, cooling and electricity services.
We are looking for a new Policy Officer to join our small but growing team on an initial six-month (38h/week) basis, starting in October 2019 as soon as possible, with the opportunity for a longer-term Belgian contract. The Policy Officer will focus on European research and innovation policies on renewable energy as well as assisting the Policy Director in advocacy issues. The Policy Officer will also support the management of European Technology and Innovation Platforms.
- Monitoring EU energy and research policy.
- Liaising with the EU Institutions and other industry organisations.
- Overseeing the production and dissemination of policy papers.
- Assisting the team in the regular monitoring and analysis of relevant political, economic and financial developments.
The Policy Officer will be involved in the management of European Technology and Innovation Platforms on Geothermal, with the following tasks:
- Organising meetings
- Overseeing various Working Group activities
- Preparation of strategic documents (e.g. Vision, research priorities, technology roadmap)
- Preparation of position papers and other relevant policy documents related to research and innovation.
Experience required :
- Good knowledge of current EU affairs;
- At least 2/3 years of work experience in policy development or project management;
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset, esp. German;
- Experience in the organisation and management of meetings.
- Highly Computer-proficient (Office suite, etc.).
- Special interest in renewable energies;
- Experience in EU project management (H2020…);
- Knowledge of energy research (SET Plan) policies is an advantage;
- Experience of work in office environment;
- Experience in drafting position papers, publications and other communication materials;
- Flexible and proactive approach to work;
- Ability to multitask and attention to detail;
- Experience of online content management especially WordPress.
- Closing date for applications: 15th of September 2019
- To apply, please send a cover letter and CV (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your first and last name and the job title (EGEC policy officer) in the subject line.
- Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
- Interview dates: 23th- 27th September 2019