Job: Power Plant Manager – geothermal – NCPA, Middletown, California
Northern California Power Agency (NCPA) has an open job posting for the position of Plant Manager Geothermal at Middletown, California - attention open position since December, recruitment ongoing.
Northern California Power Agency (NCPA) is seeking a passionate and innovative leader to fill a position as a Plant Manager for our Geothermal Facility in beautiful Northern California! The Plant Manager will direct and coordinate all activities of the Geothermal Facilities and its staff of approximately 43 by providing strategic and managerial leadership in the maintenance, operation and improvement of the facilities. Facility consists of: 2 power 2x55mw plants; steamfield (70 wells); 26 miles pipeline with 4 pumping stations; total 220 MW.
- Plant Manager
- Regular Full Time
- Geothermal, Middletown, CA, US
- 28 days ago
- Requisition ID: 1110
- Salary Range:USD 192,067.00 to 240,073.00 Annually
Attention: job was posted 28 days ago (December 2019) and the posting is continuous until filled or until 25 qualified applications have been received. First review of applications January 20, 2020.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the Geothermal Facilities in such a way as to ensure operations are within the guidelines and policies put forth by the Agency and Assistant General Manager, Generation Services.
- Initiate the necessary actions to achieve and maintain expected levels of efficiency, reliability and cost-control.
- Organize and participate in the planning, testing, scheduling, installation and removal of facility equipment.
- Justify, compile and monitor the maintenance, operating and capital budgets.
- Exercise line supervision over the facility supervisors and superintendents.
- Provide coaching and development opportunities for successors of critical positions at the geothermal facilities.
- Develop, supervise and maintain a safe and efficient mode of operation for the facilities and personnel.
- Audit operations and maintenance in order to improve methods and procedures.
- Administer and participate in engineering activities.
- Develop a strategic plan for the facilities and communicate the plan effectively to all facility personnel, the Assistant General Manager, Generation Services, the General Manager and the NCPA Commission.
- Communicate effectively with other NCPA departments, customers, regulatory and governmental agencies and the NCPA Commission.
- Develop opportunities to share/transfer successful O&M strategies and practices of the Geothermal Facilities to other NCPA generation facilities.
- Maintain a collaborative relationship with Union members to facilitate change initiatives at the facilities.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Develop facility business plan linked to cost of production.
- Reports for work on time and maintains satisfactory attendance in accordance with Agency policy. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent. Arrives to meetings and appointments on time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business Administration (preferred)
- Managing a team of three supervisors who direct 43 employees
- 7 years’ experience in power plant operations, maintenance and/or engineering
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- CalPERS pension plan (classic member 2.5% at age 55 | new member 2% at age 62)
- CalPERS Medical with generous company contributions
- Dental and Vision with 100% premiums paid by the Agency
- Agency contributions for Retiree Medical (service minimum applies)
- Tuition assistance
- Paid time off
- Wellness opportunities
Source: Workforcenow via NCPA