Job: Project & Policy Officer, European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) Brussels/ Belgium
The European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) is looking for a full time project and policy officer (38h/ week) for an 8-month period.
The European Geothermal Energy Council (EGEC) is currently looking for a full time project and policy officer (38h/ week), who is able to work starting from November 2018, for a period of eight months.
EGEC is the voice of the geothermal sector in Europe. It’s an international industry association with more than 120 members, representing 500 stakeholders from 22 different European countries.
We are looking for a new officer to join our small but growing team, to work on European Research & Innovation Policies, European Technology and Innovation Platforms & European projects, and assisting the Policy officer.
The Policy and Project Officer will be involved in the management of European Technology and Innovation Platforms on Geothermal, with the following Tasks:
- Organisation of meetings
- Moderation of Working Group activities
- Preparation of strategic documents (e.g. Vision, research priorities, technology roadmap)
Moreover, the officer will also be involved in the preparation of position papers and other relevant policy documents related to research and innovation.
- Overseeing the production and dissemination/marketing of policy papers.
- Assisting the team in the regular monitoring and analysis of relevant political, economic and financial developments; including monitoring daily newspapers for articles of interest.
- Experience in EU projects
- Good knowledge of current EU affairs.
- Desirable knowledge of geothermal technologies
- Fluent written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset.
- Knowledge of energy research policies is an advantage
- Experience of work in office environment.
- Highly Computer-proficient (MS Office suite), experience with websites
- Experience in preparing publications, videos, and other communication materials
- Flexible and proactive. Ability to multitask and attention to detail.
- At least 2 years of relevant work experience in project management;
- Experience with organization and management of meetings is a plus.
Closing date for applications: 12th of October 2018
To apply, please send a cover letter and CV (in English) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your first and last name and the job title (EGEC project&policy officer) in the subject line.
Please note that only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
Interview dates: 15th– 24th October 2018