Job: Resource Engineer – Geothermal, Ormat – Reno, Nevada
Ormat Technologies is seeking to fill the position of Resource Engineer with its operations in Reno, Nevada.
Ormat Technologies has advertised an open position for a Resource Engineer, Geothermal at its operations in Reno, Nevada.
This position is responsible for conducting performance monitoring and engineering studies on Ormat’s geothermal fields for purposes of forecasting and optimizing resource utilization.
- Reports to Resource Manager, or Vice President
- Design, specification, optimization, and performance monitoring of Ormat’s fleet of downhole production pumps; diagnose problems, propose improvements, plan remedial action and assist with execution of the work.
- Analyze performance of production and injection wells, diagnose problems, propose improvements, plan remedial action, and assist with permitting and execution of the work
- Analyze performance of reservoir models, collect data to improve models, and retain an understanding of how Ormat’s geothermal reservoirs operate.
- Assist in the Evaluation effects of any corrective action or change in field operations considering power generation, revenue and long-term resource performance.
- Work with well field operations personnel and Manager to formulate and justify recommendations for changes in field operations, well work overs, drilling, or other corrective actions.
- Plan and specify well tests, logs and other diagnostic procedures, engineering field supervision and analysis of results.
- Planning, engineering supervision, analysis and reporting of routine well logs and testing for regulatory compliance.
- Document analyses, interpretations of logs, well tests, diagnostic procedures and results of work overs, drilling and other changes in operations.
- Maintain the quality and completeness of Ormat’s resource data base and operating records.
- Collect reservoir data, analyze well logs and well test, and develop reservoir conceptual models.
- Assist in the design of reservoir models to be used for future performance and optimization.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous period of time and read and understand maps.
- Must be able to travel approximately 50% of the time
- Assure adequate and accurate resource data collection.
- Prepare budgets for field O&M, testing, work overs, and other well field work.
- Provide engineering assistance to drilling and field operations as needed.
- Interface with Ormat’s consultants to provide data, define their scope of work and make proper use of their results.
- Make presentations and present recommendations to senior personnel.
Education, experience, and skills required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Petroleum, or similar preferred)
- Demonstrable independent work and good technical communication.
- Reservoir engineering and field experience with operations and/or well testing/logging.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Knowledge of well testing and reservoir modeling methods and software.
- Knowledge of data acquisition systems and database query tools, SCADA, Power BI preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT auto insurance carrier.
- Ability to travel and work in remote field locations and extreme weather conditions
- Ability to lift and move 50 pounds on an occasional basis
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for long periods of time
- Some international travel required
For the full listing see link below.