Job: Senior Geothermal Reservoir Engineer, Roturua, New Zealand
New Zealand-based energy company Mercury is seeking to fill the position of a Senior Reservoir Engineer at its operations in Rotorua, New Zealand.
Energy company Mercury in New Zealand is seeking to fill a position of Senior (Geothermal) Reservoir Engineer in Rotorua.
Our goal at Mercury is to be New Zealand’s leading energy brand. We are an environmentally-focused retailer who generate 100% of the power we supply to customers from renewable sources.
As Senior Reservoir Engineer, based in Rotorua, you’ll be responsible for developing, implementing and reviewing field strategies and reservoir management plans, leading well and reservoir performance monitoring programs, and mentoring younger reservoir engineers.
This is a great opportunity to join Mercury where you will be called upon as our “in-house” technical expert to provide comprehensive, in-depth reservoir engineering analysis and technical leadership to the business.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Working with Engineers and Geoscientists within the Geothermal Technical Resources and Field management team to ensure most appropriate resources are employed to meet the overall Geothermal Business Plan
- Reservoir monitoring, modelling and management
- Building technical and business capabilities within the team including preparing and delivering training and mentoring of staff
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation and company policies are being adhered to
For this role we are looking for:
- BS/BA/BE or higher degree in Mathematics, Physics or Engineering (with petroleum, mechanical or chemical disciplines an advantage)
- Extensive experience (15+ years) in geothermal reservoir engineering
- Reservoir simulation experience, preferably using the TOUGH suite of simulators
- The ability to communicate technical complexity and uncertainty to a wide range of stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing reservoir strategies
Mercury offer’s a competitive salary, plus an additional 5 days to the basic 20-day annual leave as part of their many benefits. Our mission is Energy Freedom and our purpose is to inspire New Zealanders to enjoy energy in more wonderful ways. We do this through our Attitude – a combination of three powerful elements that work together:
Commit and Own it: Take ownership from start to finish
Share and Connect: Together we can create and deliver the unique and wonderful for our customers
Curious and Original: See the possibilities and bring them to life for our customers
Ready to be Energised? Applications close: Friday, 12th April at 5:00pm