Job: Staff Geophysicist at Ormat Technologies, Reno/ Nevada
Ormat is seeking to fill the position of Staff Geophysicist at its offices in Reno/ Nevada. The position is responsible for modeling subsurface rock properties using geological, geophysical, and drilling data.
Ormat Technologies has published a job opening for Staff Geophysicist, a full time position at its offices in Reno, Nevada.
This position is responsible for modeling subsurface rock properties using geological, geophysical, and drilling data.
- Responsible for preparing maps and presentations of geological and geophysical data.
- Responsible for combining geological interpretations with geophysical data and models.
- Responsible for evaluating geothermal exploration projects.
- Interpret 3D and 2D seismic data and correlate wireline logs to seismic data.
- Interpret and model gravity, magnetic, and electrical data.
- Maintain and utilize magnetometer to collect ground magnetic surveys
- Work with geologists and reservoir engineers to recommend drilling targets.
- Prepare technical reports under supervision of Project Manager.
- Compile data sets and evaluate data quality using statistical and graphical methods.
- Coordinate contract field crews performing geophysical evaluations.
- Perform structural interpretations and stress-field analysis of prospect areas.
- Research existing literature and prepare summaries for project evaluation.
- Assist in acquisition of geophysical and remote sensing data and integration into mapping and GIS data bases.
- Assist with execution of contract geophysical and drilling projects.
- Assist in planning, reporting and documentation of geologic investigations.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
- Occasional oversight of data reprocessing contracts.
- File reports and samples with regulatory agencies.
- Maintain well files and other geotechnical files.
- Assist drilling staff in location of access roads and well pads.
- Maintain inventories on exploration materials and equipment.
Education, Experience, and Skills Required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Geoscience discipline is required and a Master’s degree is preferred.
- Knowledge of seismic and potential field processing and acquisition techniques.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and use of the Internet.
- Proficiency in computer applications such as Kingdom, Landmark, Oasis Montaj, CAD, GIS, ENVI, Global Mapper, 3D modeling.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English at a level which will permit the employee to accurately understand and communicate information to safely and efficiently perform the job duties.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT auto insurance carrier.
- Ability to navigate and work in remote field locations and work outdoors in difficult weather conditions.
- Ability to periodically lift 75 lbs.
- Travel approximately 30% of time.
Source: WorkForce/ Ormat