Job: Technical Sales Advisor – Geothermal Energy, Seequent
New Zealand data visualisation software house Seequent is looking to fill the position of Technical Sales Advisor - Geothermal Energy for its operations out of Denver, Colorado in the U.S.
Seequent, a world leader in the development of data visualization software, is seeking to fill the vacancy for a Technical Sales Advisor – Geothermal Energy in the U.S..
The company’s solutions (including Leapfrog and Blockbuster) enable people to create rich stories and uncover valuable insights from geological data, and ultimately make better decisions about their earth, environment and energy challenges. As the global provider of the market-leading Leapfrog software suite, Seequent is continually pushing the envelope and innovating in its target markets.
A growing global organization, Seequent has offices in Denver, Canada, Chile, Brazil, Peru, Russia, Australia, South Africa, and the UK. Our primary software development centres are in New Zealand (head office), Canada and South Africa.
Seequent now operates across multiple sectors including Energy, Civil and Environmental and Mining & Minerals. This role would be an integral part of the Energy team. Want to work in a dynamic company pushing the boundaries in geothermal energy? Enjoy travel and new experiences? Are you willing to challenge yourself? This could be the role for you!
As part of a strategy to deliver on the growth targets for the Energy Sector the team is growing to provide more bandwidth in this industry. The Technical Sales Advisor – Energy will be a member of the global energy team reporting to the Business Manager – Geothermal Energy.
The Role and Opportunity
The focus of the role will be to grow Geothermal Energy at Seequent by increasing user numbers, capabilities and driving awareness of our software. Key functions of the role are to support existing and new customers and create networks within the industry.
This role will be based in Denver, Colorado.
The role will support the work of the Global Business Manager in supporting and contributing to the growth of global markets.
While the role has a business development focus, technical understanding or ability is also a key competency.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting customers within the region through training and general assistance with our software;
- Providing technical and business development leadership in the Energy business at Seequent;
- Providing support to the Global Business Manager with Technical, Sales and Business Development;
- Owning sales and structure within your region; and
- Reporting business activities and performance within your region.
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in geoscience, engineering or a closely related discipline;
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in the geothermal or oil and gas industries;
- Experience in commercial software projects or testing an advantage;
- Confident oral and written communication skills in both English and Spanish;
- Proven team player and conflict management skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and build sustainable working relationships;
- Ability to work well independently, at times remotely, and self-manage workload effectively;
- Business development experience an advantage;
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of how cultural differences influence business relations;
- Excellent skills in time management, communication (oral and written) and setting priorities;
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get “hands on”; and
- Innovative, open and able to work in a fast growing, fast paced and constantly changing environment.
Seequent’s global team is diverse – we’re geologists, software engineers, sales people and communication specialists. We’re technical experts who are driven by the challenges our customers face. We leverage the experience of our people to solve the highly complex problems of today, and work toward the bigger solutions of tomorrow.
You will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package plus you will be part of a fast-paced, innovative and agile organisation which values your professional growth and development.
If what we do is something that would get you out of bed in the morning, we would love to hear from you.
Source: Company via LinkedIn Jobs