News

New management announced for Geo Dipa Energi in Indonesia

Patuha geothermal plant, Bandung, Indonesia (source: ESMAP)

Indonesian geothermal operating company PT Geo Dipa Energi has announced a change in management, with the appointment of a a new President Director and a new Operation and Business Development Director.

Reported from Jakarta, Indonesia, state-owned geothermal producer PT Geo Dipa Energy (GDE) management has been reshuffled with the placement of new executives to the management board of the company.

This was announced in a press release and reported by the Jakarta Post earlier this week. The new President Director for the company is now Riki Firmandha Ibrahim, who said that under his leadership, the company would ensure that its business model would always run in accordance with existing laws.

The new President was appointed by Indonesia’s Finance Ministry’s director general of state assets, Vincentius Sonny Loho.

Riki is the former finance director of petrochemical firm PT Tuban Petrochemical Industries, and now replaces Aidil Hasibuan, who now serves as GDE commissioner.

PT Geo Dipa Energy operates the geothermal power plants in Dieng in East Java and Patuha in West Java. Its geothermal wells in Dieng and Patuha are estimated to have capacities of 800 megawatts (MW) and 400 MW, respectively.

The Indonesian state holds a 93.3% stake in Geo Dipa with PLN holding the remaining 6.7%.

Along with Riki’s inauguration, the government has also appointed Dodi Herman, former general manager of GDE’s Patuha and Dieng units, as the GDE’s new operation and business development director.

Source: The Jakarta Post