The list of Ready! winners are as follows:
Winners announced for American-Made Geothermal Manufacturing Prize Ready!
The winners of the American-Made Challenge Geothermal Manufacturing Prize have been announced, representing a wide variety of 15 companies and groups.
- Allen Swenson’s team, “Innovation: Expanding Geothermal Energy Solutions,” Emeryville, CA
- Bhushan Pendse’s team, “3D Printed Frac plug for Geothermal Applications,” Houston, TX
- Dreamer Geothermophiles, “Device to Remove Scale in Geothermal Wells by A.M.,” East Grand Fork, MN
- Edem Tsikata, “Capturing Energy in Extreme Downhole Conditions,” Cambridgeport, MA
- Harold Snyder, “Geothermal 3-Axis Wideband Vibration-Accelerometer,” Rockwall, TX
- Huilin Tu’s team, “3D Printing of High-Temperature Elastomers,” Houston, TX
- HyperSciences’ Team, “HyperDrilled & 3D printed concrete CWD geo wells,” Spokane, WA
- Lev Ring’s team, “Closed Loop Helical Downhole Heat Exchanger,” Houston, TX
- Multiscale Systems, “Additively Manufactured Mechanical Metamaterials,” Worcester, MA
- Ozark Integrated Circuits, “Using AM to rapidly deploy new sensors into EGS,” Fayetteville, AR
- Team Baker Hughes, “Additive Manufactured Backup-Rings for Packers,” Dallas, TX
- Team PLUGS, “Optimization of Gas Sparger Head for Airlift,” Morgantown, WV
- The Bit Guys, “Project Hot Hammer,” Morgantown, WV
- Ultra-High Temperature Logging Tool, “Ultra High Temperature Logging Tool,” Houston, TX
- Welltec, “Novel Metal Annular Barrier for Geothermal Systems,” Richmond, TX
Congratulations to these 15 teams and good luck in the competition! Look for additional information via e-mail on Monday with the next steps for the Set! contest.
If you were not selected as a Ready! winner, you can still compete in the Set! Contest. The next phase of competition asks competitors to develop a design and build your team, and is open to all innovators. We encourage you to read the rules and attend the Geothermal Manufacturing Prize: Set! Contest 101 webinar on Monday, Oct. 26, at 1 p.m. ET.
Source: Geothermal Manufacturing Prize