Geothermal Rising Conference 2021, Oct. 3-6, 2021 live and in person
The Geothermal Rising Conference 2021 (GRC) will take place live and in person in San Diego, California, October 3-6, 2021 at the Town and Country Resort. Details on the virtual/ hybrid elements to be shared shortly.
In an email announcement, Geothermal Risking announced that the Geothermal Rising Conference (GRC) 2021 will be live and in person in San Diego, October 3-6, at the Town and Country Resort. The event has a strong program that includes plenary keynotes, technical presentations, an exhibition hall, panel sessions, workshops, field trips, and networking events. We thank all our volunteers, presenters, sponsors, and staff for their fantastic contributions and commitments.
Our robust COVID-19 safety protocols listed below aim to keep all involved safe and healthy. Geothermal Rising is following, and will follow, guidance and orders from the City and County of San Diego, the State of California, the United States government, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as we direct our annual conference. As such, these requirements could change if applicable rules and regulations change. We will promptly inform you of all updates and changes to these protocols.
- All attendees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or test negative for COVID-19. Tests shall occur within three days prior to arrival at the GRC.
- Face coverings shall be worn by all attendees, volunteers and staff in indoor settings unless eating or drinking, regardless of vaccination status, per County of San Diego guidance.
- Face coverings are also recommended in outdoor settings where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Events will be arranged using physical distancing guidelines, including the plenary sessions and technical program sessions.
- Registration zones will be assigned to reduce the number of unregistered attendees mustering before registration is verified.
- Temperature checks and pre-event screenings will be set up at entry points. All attendees must enter via the designated entry points.
- Food and beverage events will feature single-serve or hotel-staff-served meals.
- Water service will be provided via bottled water with additional recycling bins available to reduce plastic waste.
- Individual bottles of hand-sanitizer and numerous touchless sanitizer dispensers will be provided and available to all attendees.
- Enforcement of these protocols will be monitored by event staff and may result in the attendee’s removal from the conference.
Thank you for your patience, understanding and respect of these protocols that are in place to keep the geothermal community safe.
For attendees impacted by travel restrictions, we are pleased to announce that the event will have a virtual registration option. Details will be released shortly in a separate announcement.
Shared by Will Pettitt (Executive Director) & Jon Trujillo (President) of Geothermal Rising
Picture: Town & Country Resort, San Diego, California/ U.S.