GRC invites nominations for its annual GRC Geothermal Honors & Awards
The GRC has called for nominations for its annual GRC Annual Honors & Awards recognising distinguished colleagues in the geothermal community from around the world. Deadline for nominations is August 31, 2020.
The annual GRC Awards by the Geothermal Resources Council recognize distinguished colleagues in the geothermal community from around the world and have been a highlight of the geothermal calendar since the late 1970s.
The recipients of these awards have a lifetime of achievement in the geothermal academic, scientific, and commercial communities. The GRC Awards recognizes the contributions of these individuals to educational institutions and the geothermal community around the world.
- Aidlin Presidential Award – The GRC President recognizes an individual who has helped him/her out during their time, mentoring/supporting them in their role. This would be at the full discretion of the President.
- Geothermal Pioneer Award – Recognizes outstanding achievements and contributions to the development of geothermal resources. This would recognize individuals with a long service to the industry that has led the way for the rest of us.
- Ramey Subsurface Excellence Award – For outstanding achievements in subsurface geoscience and engineering and impacts on geothermal development.
- Holt Utilization Excellence Award – Recognizes outstanding achievements in the field of geothermal power plant design and construction, direct use, and other surface utilization focusing on innovation.
- Geothermal Special Achievement Awards – Recognizes special or outstanding achievements in any aspect of geothermal energy development and related areas (one awardee).
- Outstanding Research Award – Recognizes excellence in research and potential impact on the geothermal industry.
- Young Professional Award – Recognizes young innovators, entrepreneurs, researchers, and up and coming leaders.
All nomination forms must be completed and submitted by Monday, August 31, 2020 in order for your nominee to be considered by the Honors & Awards Committee. Please answer the questions as clearly and fully as you can. Written responses should contain a minimum of 30 words. All nominations must be submitted via the “submit’ button at the end of this online form.
The person nominating someone for an award should attach a resume of the candidate and attach at least one letter of recommendation (the more the better) from a colleague belonging to an institution or company different from that of the candidate. In addition, please attach any supplemental information (such as news articles or other publications) that are relevant to documenting the candidate’s geothermal achievements.
Awards winners will be recognized during the GRC Virtual Annual Meeting on October 19-21, 2020.
All nomination forms and supporting documents must be submitted no later than Monday, August 31, 2020.
If you have questions, please contact Vincenzo Nelli, Assistant Executive Director, email@example.com, (856) 380.6827.
To Nominate Please fill out the Form here.