Job: Business Development Manager – GNS Science, Wairakei, New Zealand
GNS Science in New Zealand is seeking to fill a position of Business Development Manager in Taupo, NZ to work on geothermal, hydrology and volcanology related business for the company.
New Zealand-based GNS Science is seeking to fill the position of Business Development Manager in its External Relations and Commercialisation Division in Wairakei, New Zealand.
The company seeks a highly motivated and talented Business Development Manager to lead, drive and coordinate business development functions for our Geothermal, Hydrogeology and Volcanology departments to maximise their commercial revenue leveraged off world-class science.
You will be responsible for achieving revenue targets; marketing the departments broad range of expertise and skills; collaborating with our science staff to utilise their skills and contacts to sell services and plan for the departments business development activities; and supporting the departments to develop new products and services in response to market requirements.
To be successful in this position you will have:
- A tertiary qualification in business development, marketing or earth sciences.
- At least three years’ relevant business development, marketing or consultancy experience preferably in earth sciences
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills
- Proven negotiation skills and understanding of commercial contract terms and conditions
- An ability to regularly travel domestically and internationally, often for periods of up to a week or more, and
- Experience in Crown Research Institute environment or Local Government would be an advantage.
For further information about this position and to apply online please visit https://careers.sciencenewzealand.org/gns-science/gns-science-jobs
Applications close: Sunday, 19th March 2017
- Reference number: 21586
- Posted: February 28, 2017
- Closes: March 19, 2017
- Location: Taupo, New Zealand
- Expertise: Business Management & Support
- Job level: experienced
- Work type: permanent
- More details (document): Position description – Business Development Manager – Wairakei.pdf