Job – Engineering Manager, geothermal power, Jakarta
Construction player Black & Veach is seeking to fill a position of Engineering Manager, Geothermal Power Project Expert for its operations in Indonesia.
Construction company Black & Veatch is looking for an Engineering Manager, an expert in Geothermal Power Project. This role will be employed with the project base, directly hire under Black & Veatch, to be located in Jakarta Head office and will visit the site frequently.
The successful candidate does not restrict to local Indonesian professionals, prefer someone who has experience in leading & executing the geothermal project but possessed experiences for years in Indonesia in Power generation project will be highly considered too.
- Typically has ownership in maintaining and updating, developing engineering standards.
- Provide technical guidance to others regarding projects or disciplines.
- Establishes related processes, and promotes a culture that is conducive to quality.
- Accountable for managing engineering design-related aspects of highly complex project(s) or small multiple projects, including engineering schedule and budget performance, quality of engineering solutions and deliverables, and coordination of design, procurement, and construction.
- Orchestrates all technical aspects of highly complex projects and makes project engineering execution decisions within the bounds set by applicable policies, standards, guides and contract commitments.
- Establishes work plan to be applied to a given project.
- Actively coordinates with all other internal/external team members on highly complex projects.
- Responsible for coordinating project schedules for multiple disciplines.
- Responsible for determining identification of key client interests and drivers on projects.
- Communicates client interests and drivers to project team members and develops approaches to accommodate these concerns in the performance of the work on complex projects.
- Has authority to approve engineering standards and guides, and authority over technical aspects of division projects and proposals, within the bounds set by applicable policies, standards, and contractual commitments.
- An Expert in running and lead the Geothermal Power Project, with more than 20 years of experience will be highly considered.
- Intermediate knowledge of engineering design principles and applicable design guides and standards related to the assigned engineering discipline
- Advanced knowledge of other disciplines
- Intermediate ability to interpret engineering deliverable content as assigned.
- Advanced industry knowledge and technology trends
- Advanced knowledge of company quality program
- Intermediate knowledge of construction & constructability practices & principles
- Advanced knowledge of procurement & contract administration
- Intermediate knowledge of tools, process, procedures for project controls and estimating
- Advanced knowledge of technical aspects of the proposal process
- Advanced business & financial acumen
- Advanced knowledge of company/division/HR programs, policies, procedures, and organization structure
- Advanced knowledge of management techniques & administrative policies, procedures
- Thorough knowledge of budgeting process
Requires a bachelor’s degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing. Minimum of 20 years related work experience.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Most positions – depending on the nature of work performed as defined by the division – will typically require incumbents to have professional registration or licensure in their designated home office country, or be in active pursuit* of such registration. Additional professional registration or licensure may be needed when practicing or on assignment in a different country. Exceptions may be approved by division management on a case by case basis.