Job – Geothermal drilling advisor, Ormat Technologies, Jakarta/ Indonesia
Ormat Technologies is seeking to hire a Geothermal Drilling Advisor for its operations in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Ormat Technologies has advertised and open position for a Geothermal Drilling Advisor for its operations in Jakarta, Indonesia.
This position is responsible for the safe and efficient delivery of successful wells through the planning, directing and coordination of drilling activities including overseeing the preparation and implementation of drilling engineering programs. This position is also responsible for regulatory agency approvals and preparation of the drilling budget to include controlling expenditures and justifying variances. This role is critical for the successful exploration of prospects, delivery of projects to increase installed capacity and the ongoing delivery of fuel and injection capacity for maximizing output for plants under operation. Candidates should demonstrate experience in technical drilling, talent acquisition, mentoring, and team management.
- Maintain a safe work place, empowering employees to take responsibility for safety with the goal of zero incidents
- Work with Drilling Director, Resource Manager – Drilling, EHS Director, Rig Supervisors, and Ormat Management to focus on safety first culture
- Actively work as part of the Management Team as required.
- Work as part of a team of drilling engineers, geologists, resource engineers and drilling personnel
- Oversee as-required both internal and third-party preparation, inventory, drilling and drilling service contracts (including when in joint ventures), ensuring best outcomes for Ormat.
- Responsible for assisting procurement group with identifying vendors, requesting quotes, analyzing bids and preparing purchase requests
- Prepare and manage drilling programs to ensure timely and efficient execution of all drilling activities, including working alongside other disciplines to solve issues and refine activities whilst drilling
- Ensure that drilling tasks have been thoroughly researched, engineered, analyzed and implemented in a safe and efficient manner
- Ensure compliance for drilling and wellfield activities with regulatory regimes and agencies in the various jurisdictions in which we are operating at all levels (federal, state, regional, local).
- Develop a successful culture of continuous learning and evolution of best-practice, which should include (but not be limited to): design and operational lookbacks; ensuring collaboration within the Resource Group and other related parties; benchmarking against other companies and within Ormat. Keep abreast of new developments in drilling techniques; modify drilling operations to implement these new techniques where appropriate
- Ensure compliance with company policies.
- Establish goals, schedules and deadlines for drilling activities and programs
- Supervise and manage drilling projects
- Prepare and track drilling budgets and control expenditures
- Track drilling costs and approve invoices
- Project manage other activities as-required
- Assist with staff recruitment as-required: recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance.
- Conduct due-diligence on potential projects (acquisitions, joint venture buy-ins etc.).
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays (or one or the other) as necessary.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by management.
Education, experience, and skills required
- Must have extensive drilling experience with a track record of excellence in safety, innovation and drilling successful wells.
- Must possess either a Bachelor of Science or Engineering in Petroleum, Mechanical, Civil, Process or Chemical Engineering.
- Must demonstrate being a team player with high emotional intelligence, who is able to bring out the best in those around them.
- Must demonstrate strong ability to plan, coordinate and direct varied and complex programs and tasks.
- Significant experience in contract negotiation and contract management is advantageous.
- Must be familiar with understanding and interpreting legal requirements. It is preferable to have familiarity with applicable federal, state and local regulatory agencies and laws.
- It is beneficial to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Drilling Personnel management including hiring, promotion, disciplinary action and termination of personnel in coordination with supervisory team, human resources and corporate management, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Must be able to use and acquire knowledge of a variety of computer software applications, including drilling specific software (e.g. Rimbase or similar) and general computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation. Must be highly proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and the use of the internet.
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Must have the ability to analyze and interpret data, efficiently balance competing priorities and tasks, remain organized and meet deadlines in a high-pressure environment.
- Must possess at any time a valid driver’s license with a driving record acceptable to ORMAT’s auto insurance carrier.
- Must be able to operate a vehicle in a safe manner, enter and exit vehicle without assistance, remain alert while driving for continuous periods of time and read and understand maps.
- It is beneficial to be able to speak additional languages besides English
- The ability to work at a computer and computer monitor and use repetitive motion for long periods of time.
- The ability to lift 50 pounds periodically
- This job requires standing and sitting with moderate bending, stooping and kneeling
- Must be able to wear any protective equipment, as required by safety procedures and regulations
- Must be able to frequently climb and work off of elevated platforms, ladders and walkways
- Must be able to work in severe weather conditions
- Must be able to travel both nationally and internationally as-required
Source: Ormat via Smartrecruiters