Job – Geothermal Engineer/ Scientist, GNS Science, NZ
GNS Science has opened for applications for the position of a Geothermal Engineer/ Scientist with a focus on science-led activities promoting subsurface to surface geothermal resource applications.
GNS Science in New Zealand is looking to fill a role of Geothermal Engineer/ Scientist. In this role, you will bring your expertise in geothermal reservoir engineering to GNS Science’s geothermal team, in particular, contributing to and initiating science-led activities to promote sub-surface to surface geothermal resource applications.
We are seeking a senior scientist/engineer with a geothermal reservoir engineering background, who will undertake work focused on the optimisation of geothermal energy use and applications.
The position would suit someone who is passionate about geothermal energy and willing to interact with a team of world-class geothermal experts and scientists. The role will involve a combination of applied research and academic research projects. Candidates will show flexibility, innovation and a commitment to quality. People skills, teamwork, and the ability to approach and interact with a range of stakeholders are also a must.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Geothermal reservoir engineering skills
- Experience in Geothermal surface applications
- Understanding of production engineering
- Understanding of geosciences and reservoir modelling as they apply to geothermal resources
- A willingness to work on traditional high enthalpy geothermal fields and low enthalpy geothermal developments and direct uses
- Superior mathematical and analytical skills with a proactive and motivated approach
- Commitment to achieving a high standard of work, with quality as a prime consideration
- Innovation, integrity and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
About GNS Science
GNS Science, Te P? Ao, undertakes world-leading Earth science research. Our people are passionate, committed, and focused on bringing our vision of a cleaner, safer, more prosperous New Zealand to life. GNS offers a supportive and flexible work environment, professional career development and generous employee benefits.
- Crown research institute: GNS Science
- Reference #: 39985<
- Popsted on 18 Nov 2020
- Closes on 17 Jan 2021 23:55
- Location(s): Taupo, Hutt Valley, Wellington
- Expertise: Engineering, Geology, Energy & Resources
- Job level(s): Senior scientist
- Work type(s): Permanent
- More details (document): PD – Geothermal Engineer.pdf
Source: Science New Zealand