Job: Geothermal Modeller, GNS Science, Taupo, New Zealand
GNS Science has a job opening for a geothermal modeller at its operation in Wairakei, Taupo to undertake research and contribute to the development of computational and mathematical modelling of geothermal systems for consultancy and research projects.
GNS Science in New Zealand is seeking to fill a position of Geothermal Modeller. Under the role, the candidate will undertake research and contribute to the development of computational and mathematical modelling of geothermal systems for consultancy and research projects.
This position provides the opportunity for someone with an experienced modelling background to work with our geothermal team in the area of reservoir modelling; this is a key area of growth in regard to both our consultancy and research work.
The position is based in our office of Wairakei (Taupo), or possibly in Avalon (Lower Hutt) and would suit someone who likes working in a multidisciplinary team environment. Candidates will show flexibility, innovation and a commitment to quality. People skills, teamwork, and the ability to approach and interact with a range of clients are a must!
The ideal candidate will have the following experience:
- Superior mathematical and computational skills
- Experience of modelling flows of fluids and energy in geophysical systems
- A background in earth sciences
- An understanding of geothermal reservoir engineering activities
- An ability to formulate conceptual models of complex physical systems
- Experience of the geothermal industry modelling requirements and use of software related to modelling
- Experience or desire to get involved in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Commitment to achieving a high standard of work, with quality as a prime consideration
- Innovation, integrity and the ability to work effectively as part of a team
- A methodical approach to problem solving and testing
About GNS Science
GNS Science, Te Pu Ao, undertakes world-leading Earth science research. Our people are passionate, committed, and focussed on bringing our vision of a cleaner, safer, more prosperous New Zealand to life. GNS offers a supportive and flexible work environment, professional career development and generous employee benefits.
- Crown research institute: GNS Science
- Reference #: 35592
- Posted on: 07 Oct 2019
- Closes on: 28 Oct 2019 23:55
- Location(s): Taupo, Hutt Valley, Wellington
- Expertise: Energy & Resources
- Job level(s): Scientist
- Work type(s): Permanent
- More details (document): PD – Geothermal Modeller.pdf
Source: GNS Science/ Science New Zealand