Job – Geothermal Reservoir Engineer, Mercury, NZ
Mercury in New Zealand is seeking to hire a geothermal reservoir engineer in Rotorua, NZ.
Become the expert in one of New Zealand’s premier geothermal fields and understand the complex subsurface processes that deliver wonderful geothermal energy.
Energy utility and geothermal operator Mercury is seeking to fill the role of a geothermal reservoir engineer. In this role you will have the opportunity to become the expert in one of New Zealand’s premier Geothermal Fields and understand the complex subsurface processes that deliver wonderful Geothermal Energy. In this role you will review well and reservoir monitoring data, steam supply and injection performance in developed geothermal fields and exploration areas. You will join an employer who is committed to supporting your career development and will provide you with the support needed to assist with this.
- Location: Rotorua, New Zealand
- Job Posted: August 5, 2021
- Job Closing: August 19, 2021
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop and maintain reservoir models for each field following class leading modelling methodology
- Propose and report on field monitoring, resource management and assessment activities in developed fields
- Provide technical assistance in the creation and maintenance of the framework for field development and management
- Collaborate and coordinate across the disciplines in the integration of geoscience, well asset management, drilling, surface infrastructure and economic analysis
Mercury is looking for:
- BS/BA/BE or higher degree in Mathematics, Physics or Engineering (typically petroleum, mechanical or chemical disciplines, but others would be considered)
- Experience in field monitoring, data gathering and analysis
- Geothermal/Petroleum Reservoir Engineering experience is highly advantageous, but not limited to
Attention: Due to New Zealand borders remaining closed, Mercury is only able to accept applications from individuals either already in New Zealand, or returning NZ Citizens and Permanent Residents.
Apply via LinkedIn Jobs
Source: Mercury Careers page