Job: Technical Sales Advisor – Geothermal Energy ARANZ Geo, Australia
ARANZ Geo provider of the market-leading Leapfrog 3D geological modelling software suite, is seeking to fill the role of Technical Sales Advisor - Energy in Australia, as a member of the global energy team reporting to the Business Development Manager – Geothermal Energy.
ARANZ Geo, a rapidly growing international software company specialises in the interpretation and visualisation of geoscience information. As the global provider of the market-leading Leapfrog software suite, the company is continually pushing the envelope and innovating in our target markets.
Leapfrog is a comprehensive 3D geological modelling tool designed specifically for the geothermal energy industry. Geological knowledge is easily transferred to reservoir models, TOUGH2 inputs are consistent with the geoscience model and reservoir simulations can be readily visualised and communicated in 3D.
ARANZ Geo now operates across multiple sectors including Energy, Civil and Environmental and Mining & Minerals. This role would be an integral part of the Energy team.
As part of a strategy to deliver on the growth targets for the Energy Sector the team is growing to provide more bandwidth in this industry. The Technical Sales Advisor – Energy will be a member of the global energy team reporting to the Business Development Manager – Geothermal Energy.
Want to work in a dynamic company pushing the boundaries in geothermal energy? Enjoy travel and new experiences? Are you willing to challenge yourself? This could be the role for you!
This role can be based in either Perth, Australia or Christchurch, New Zealand.
The role will complement but not duplicate the work of the Global Business Development Manager who will continue to continue to support and contribute to global markets.
While the role has a business development focus, technical understanding or ability is also a key competency.
The key areas of responsibility include:
- Supporting customers within the region through training and general assistance with our software
- Providing technical and business development leadership in the Energy business at ARANZ Geo
- Providing support to the Global Business Development Manager with Technical, Sales and Business Development
- Owning sales and structure within your region
- Reporting business activities and performance within your region
To be considered for this role, you should have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification in geoscience, engineering or a closely related discipline
- Professional experience in the geothermal or oil and gas industries an advantage
- Experience in commercial software projects or testing an advantage
- Confident oral and written communication skills in English
- A second language would be advantageous
- Proven team player and conflict management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to develop and build sustainable working relationships
- Ability to work well independently, at times remotely, and self-manage workload effectively
- Business development experience an advantage
- Cultural sensitivity and understanding of how cultural differences influence business relations
- Excellent skills in time management, communication (oral and written) and setting priorities
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and get “hands on”
- Innovative, open and able to work in a fast growing, fast paced and constantly changing environment
If this is the role for you, send us your CV and a motivating cover letter.
Source: Aranz Geo