Program for Pivot 2020 from hydrocarbons to heat, July 13-17, 2020
Pivot2020 a week-long virtual event event of ten moderated roundtables July 13-17, 2020, featuring thought leaders and change makers who are building the future of geothermal energy.
Pivot2020 is a week-long virtual event of ten moderated roundtables, featuring thought leaders and change makers who are building the future of geothermal energy. Panelists include leaders from the oil and gas industry, geothermal industry, academia, governments, national labs, and start-up companies.
Pivot2020 is being hosted by the Geothermal Entrepreneurship Organization (GEO) at the University of Texas at Austin, and the International Geothermal Association (IGA), along with industry and organizational partners and friends. Special thanks to Pivot2020’s marketing partners, including the Geothermal Resources Council, ThinkGeoEnergy, and the Members in Transition collaboration between the Society of Petroleum Engineers, the American Association of Petroleum Geologists, and the Rocky Mountain Association of Geologists.
PIVOT 2020 – from Hydrocarbons to Heat online event July 13-17, 2020 promises to be an exciting and new event bringing together oil & gas and geothermal players from around the world for panel discussions targeted to open your mind.
Panels and speakers have been announced for the following panels:
- Monday July 13, 2020 – Building a geothermal strategy: perspectives from the oil patch & Geothermal anywhere: EGS, DeepEGS, Supercritical and beyond
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020 – Funding your geothermal venture, Geothermal Anywhere: Closed loop systems
- Wednesday, July 15, 2020 – Geothermal project development: considerations from the trenches, The future of Drilling: non-conventional concepts
- Thursday, July 16, 2020 – Drilling the wells of the future: advanced tools, techniques & methodologies, Geothermal Prospecting: Thermal & hydrothermal exploration
- Friday, July 17, 2020 – The Green Drilling Pivot: career crossovers and opportunities, Our Geothermal future: leveraging the subsurface to solve energy
I could now name a few individuals of the different panels, but the line-up is so great that it would do injustice to anyone not mentioned. So have a look at the complete program and don’t forget to register.
ThinkGeoEnergy is proud to support the event and I will myself join the panel on the geothermal future on Friday, July 17, 2020.