Stanford Geothermal Workshop – Call for Abstracts closes 16 Oct. 2018
The deadline for the submission of abstracts for the 44th Stanford Geothermal Workshop will close Tuesday, 16 October 2018. The workshop will take place 11-13 February 2019 at Stanford University in California.
The 44th Stanford Geothermal Workshop will take place February 11-13, 2019 in Stanford, California.
The organisers have now pointed out that the deadline for the submission of Abstracts will be closing on Tuesday, 16 October 2018.
The goals of the conference are to bring together engineers, scientists and managers involved in geothermal reservoir studies and developments; provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on the exploration, development and use of geothermal resources; and to enable prompt and open reporting of progress. We strongly encourage all scientists and engineers involved in geothermal reservoir technology to attend the workshop.
Papers will be presented on recent research relating to geothermal reservoirs including:
- Case Studies: reservoir response to production, effects of injection, scaling characteristics
- Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS): current and future activities
- Engineering Techniques: reservoir simulation, empirical methods, well tests, tracers
- Field Management: strategies for exploitation, injection, scale inhibition
- Exploration: geophysics, geochemistry, geology, heat flow studies, outflows
- Drilling and Well Bore Flows: well stimulation, bore flow modeling, hydro-fracturing, scaling
- Low Enthalpy Systems: applications of heat pumps, hot dry rock technology
- Geosciences: application of geophysics, geochemistry, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
Papers accepted for presentation and/or publication are produced on a standard template that we supply. The papers will be available as a Proceedings CD at the Workshop and subsequently published in the online collection.