Star Energy shortlisted for Gunung Hamiding geothermal working area, Indonesia
PT Star Energy Geothermal Indonesia has been shortlisted to develop the Gunung Hamiding geothermal working area with an initial 20 MW development in North Maluku province in Indonesia.
Announced last week, Indonesia’s Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry (EBTK) has shortlisted PT Star Energy Geothermal Indonesia to develop the Gunung Hamiding (Mount Hamiding) geothermal working area (WK).
The company will now enter the second phase of the selection process, after passing the financial and technical criteria with score of 98.75 and 96.28 points respectively.
Gunung Hamiding working area is located in North Halmahera Regency, North Maluku province.
Key Facts of Gunung Hamiding WK:
- WK Name: Gunung Hamiding
- Location : North Halmahera Regency, North Maluku province
- Estimated reserves : 265 MW
- Estimated reservoir temperature 250-300 celcius degree
- Area of the WK : 42,100 hectares
- Planned capacity of the power plant: 20 MW
- Scheme: Total project
- Highest reference price : 22.6 cent US$/kWh), Energy