Submit your abstract for the Stanford Geothermal Workshop 2016
The 41st Stanford Geothermal Workshop to take place February 22-24, 2016 will accept abstract submissions until October 27, 2015, so hurry in case you want to submit a paper.
The Stanford Geothermal Workshop 2016 will be held February 22-24, 2016 at Stanford University, California. With its 41st anniversary next year, it is one of the world’s longest running technical meetings on the topic of geothermal energy.
The deadline to provide abstracts for the event is October 27, 2015, so act fast if you want to present your paper.
The goals of the conference are to bring together engineers, scientists and managers involved in geothermal reservoir studies and developments; provide a forum for the exchange of ideas on the exploration, development and use of geothermal resources; and to enable prompt and open reporting of progress. We strongly encourage all scientists and engineers involved in geothermal reservoir technology to attend the workshop.
Papers will be presented on recent research relating to geothermal reservoirs including:
- Case Studies: reservoir response to production, effects of injection, scaling characteristics
- Enhanced Geothermal Systems (EGS): current and future activities
- Engineering Techniques: reservoir simulation, empirical methods, well tests, tracers
- Field Management: strategies for exploitation, injection, scale inhibition
- Exploration: geophysics, geochemistry, geology, heat flow studies, outflows
- Drilling and Well Bore Flows: well stimulation, bore flow modeling, hydro-fracturing, scaling
- Low Enthalpy Systems: applications of heat pumps, hot dry rock technology
- Geosciences: application of geophysics, geochemistry, thermodynamics and fluid mechanics.
Abstract submission details:
- Abstract submission opened on Tues, 28th July 2015
- Abstract submission closes Tuesday 27th October 2015
- Notification of abstract acceptance/decline Friday 27th November 2015
- If accepted, full papers must be submitted by Friday 12th February 2016
- Register for the conference, and make payment (early registration before January 1, 2016)
- PPT files must be submitted by Friday 19th February 2016
Upload small photo (optional):
The photo will be displayed in the Participant List and also in the abstract. People who preview the abstract will be able to find you more easily at the conference. If you choose to do this, you can upload your photo by clicking on My Profile, after creating your User Name.
To submit your abstract use this link