Webinar – Geothermal/ GEOforFOOD initiative, June 29, 2021
Join this GEOforFood webinar set up to stimulate creative thinking on food production in a controlled, sustainable and efficient way using geothermal as a primary energy source.
Sustainable food production and processing are one of the key challenges of our time. The use of geothermal energy can be an essential solution to tackle these challenges.
To address these challenges, GEOTHERMICA has started the GEOforFOOD initiative. To kick off the discussions, a webinar has been organized together with Orkidea.
- Date: Tuesday, June 29, 2021
- Time: 15:30 CEST
- Registration: link here
The GEOforFOOD webinar will serve as a platform to exchange perspectives of industry, research and member states in shaping the role of food production and processing using geothermal as a primary energy source. In addition, the event intends to spark innovation, business ideas and collaboration between different stakeholders.
There is hope that the GEOforFOOD webinar will be a fertile ground to stimulate creative thinking on food production in a controlled, sustainable and efficient way using geothermal as a primary energy source.
The GEOTHERMICA and Orkídea team cordially invite you to be part of our initiative.
Meeting chair and moderator: Hjalti Páll Ingólfsson – GEORG Geothermal Research Cluster
- Introduction to GEOTHERMICA – The GEO4FOOD initiative – Paul Ramsak and Stephan Schreiber, GEOTHERMICA – Strategy Leads
- Opportunities to increase the use of geothermal for food production – Helga Gunnlaugsdóttir and Sveinn Adalsteinsson – Orkídea – Iceland
- Towards Fossile Fuel Free Greenhouse Horticulture based on Geothermal – Jouke Campen – Wageningen University & Research – Netherlands
- Towards a Geothermal Food Processing Future – Luca Guglielmetti – University of Geneva – Switzerland | ETIP DG WG H&C Lead
- Geothermal chances for Food and Tourism: a Country Perspective – Martina Gracner – Ministry of Infrastructure Republic of Slovenia and Maja Turnsek – University of Maribor – Slovenia
- Panel discussion – Panel moderators: Sveinn Aðalsteinsson and Paul Ramsak
Registration: link here