Pivot2020 – Building the future of geothermal – Panel Recordings
Last week's Pivot2020 online event provided a wealth of information in the form of discussions by people from the different segments of the oil and gas and geothermal sector, discussing the future of geothermal, last but not least in the opportunities it provides. Listen in to the recordings.
Pivot2020 a week-long virtual event of ten moderated roundtables (and in the end an additional panel) last week, featured thought leaders and change makers who are building the future of geothermal energy. Panelists included leaders from the oil and gas industry, geothermal industry, academia, governments, national labs, and start-up companies.
Hosted by the Geothermal Entrepreneurship Organization (GEO) at the University of Texas at Austin, and the International Geothermal Association (IGA), along with industry and organizational partners and friends, the event brought together people from the oil sector and geothermal globally.
?The conversations of all the panels ranged from technical elements, career, new technologies, entrepreneurship, the role the oil and gas sector can play in geothermal development, and what geothermal energy can play in the future of renewable energy.
Everyone that joined the conversations about the Future of Geothermal Energy was rather excited about the quality and diversity of the discussions. So if you had not the chance to join, or want to refresh your memory on those discussions, click on the sessions you would like listen to (via Microsoft Teams link).
- Monday July 13, 2020 – Building a geothermal strategy: perspectives from the oil patch & Geothermal anywhere: EGS, DeepEGS, Supercritical and beyond
- Tuesday, July 14, 2020 – Funding your geothermal venture & Geothermal Anywhere: Closed loop systems
- Wednesday, July 15, 2020 – Geothermal project development: considerations from the trenches & The future of Drilling: non-conventional concepts
- Thursday, July 16, 2020 – Drilling the wells of the future: advanced tools, techniques & methodologies & Geothermal Prospecting: Thermal & hydrothermal exploration
- Friday, July 17, 2020 – The Green Drilling Pivot: career crossovers and opportunities & Our Geothermal future: leveraging the subsurface to solve energy
- … and the special session from Wednesday, July 15, 2020 – Navigating the Transition from hydrocarbons to heat: challenges & opportunities with panelists Michael Liebreich, James Dupree and Carl Pope
For further details, the different panelists and moderators and topics of the panels, click here.